|We’ve all heard that “Yoga is good for you” before. But how is Yoga good for us?|
The truth is you don’t even have to practise Yoga for years and years to see the benefits as a few of them happen in less than 24 hours after the end of a class.
the benefits you gain from yoga in less than 24 hours
- Yoga stimulates the parasympathetic nervous system which is the system that calms us down. It does this through restful poses such as Savasana and breathing exercises
- Yoga reduces your heart rate
- Yoga reduces your blood pressure
- Activating the parasympathetic nervous system in Yoga leads to a better nights sleep
- Yoga increases flexibility and mobility even just after one class!
- Yoga gives us time to turn inwards and meditate which can help us in reducing stress and gaining perspective on our problems and emotions
- Yoga can improve cognitive brain function after just one class. In a University of Illinois study* participants who took a Yoga class performed better overall in a cognitive brain test
- And perhaps most interestingly Yoga can improve sexual satisfaction and sex drive – especially for women, according to a study conducted by Harvard University*
If that isn’t enough reasons to get you to give Yoga a go this week then I’m not sure what will!
All in all, Yoga is excellent for you.
For your physical health. Your mental health.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, the benefits from consistent and continued Yoga practise (2-3 times per week) are HUGE.
There is a reason (plenty of reasons, in fact) why Yoga has been around for thousands and thousands of years. Because it makes us feel good, and it does great things for our bodies and brains.
So, what are you waiting for? Get involved in your choice of three online Live classes that are taking place this week including one donation based class!
Have a peek below at the class descriptions and feel free to email me if you’re unsure which one is for you!
If you’re new to Yoga and are unsure what you need for your first class take a look at my blog post 5 Things to Know Before Your First Yoga Class
|🧘 Lockdown Slow Flow Yoga – Tuesdays 6-7pm – an hour of relaxing Yoga designed to help you stretch and unwind. Suitable for all levels and experiences|
🧘 Power Yoga 45 – Fridays 6.45am – 7.30am – 45min Vinyasa Power practise to work up a sweat, deep stretch and leave you buzzing with energy for the rest of your day. Suitable for people with 1+ years experience of Yoga or with great fitness + body awareness
🧘 Yin Yoga* – Sundays 3.30 – 4.30pm (*this is a donation based class) – a very chilled, slow class to help improve flexibility and mobility, suitable for all levels including total newbies.
Book a class via my schedule below. I’d love to meet you on the mat!